Bees, Yellow Jackets and Wasps
Bees, wasps and yellow jackets are dangerous because of their painful and potentially harmful stings.
There are many different Yellow Jackets and Wasps that are bothersome in the Bay Area. These pests can nest in walls, ceilings, attics, and various areas outside. Some species are very aggressive especially when nests are disturbed. There are several ways of controlling these pests both in their nests and out in the open.
Social bees are rarely aggressive and considered beneficial. Bumble bees and honey bees are usually seen buzzing from one flower to the next in backyard gardens. Each plays an important role in transferring pollen from one flower to the next. Without this important service, most of the fruit and vegetables that we rely on for food would be non-existent.
Our technicians are trained to work with pests' natural habits and biology. Services are designed to minimize the use of pesticides while effectively controlling customer pest problems.
Nevertheless, stings sometimes happen. If you are stung it’s important to know what kind of first aid to give and when to seek medical help. Please refer below for some helpful tips on bee stings.
First Aid For Bee Stings
- Remove the Stinger – scrape the area with a fingernail or use tweezers to remove it. Don’t pinch the stinger that can inject more venom.
- Control Swelling – Ice the area! If you were stung on your arm or leg elevate it. Remove any tight fitting jewelry from the area of the sting. As it swells, rings or bracelets might become hard to get off.
- 3. Treat Symptoms – For pain take an antihistamine like Benadryl. You can also apply a mixture of baking soda and water or even calamine lotion.
- Seek assistance immediately if the sting victim has:
- Trouble breathing
- Feelings of faintness or dizziness
- A swollen tongue
- A history of severe allergic reaction to insect stings
Detection & Treatment
Professionals with protective gear can remove Wasp nests and beehives. Insecticides are also used. Scorpion problems are usually treated chemically.
The Hitmen offers pre-event treatments to keep those unwelcome guests away. So the sooner a treatment is scheduled, the faster problems can be resolved and the more time before your event the better. Your guests should leave your home with great memories – not bug bites! Call The Hitmen for a free evaluation today!